Friday, November 21, 2008

Nail Polish Suggestions for Darren Garnick's Next Pedicure

A few days ago, the lovely, witty and talented Boston Herald blogger Darren Garnick was brave enough to get a Fish Pedicure. Even braver than that, he chose OPI Osaka To Me Orange over a traditional buff and shine.

While I don't want to see nail polish on my boyfriend's feet, my motto is "to each their own"! I think people should be able to do whatever the heck they want, and if Darren, or any other guy for that matter, wants to wear nail polish, more power to them! 

So Darren, I have come up with some unsolicited nail polish suggestions for your next pedicure.

OPI's Osaka To Me Orange was nice but I think you'd like BB Couture for Nails Tangerine Scream better:

Or how about BB Couture for Nails Poison Ivy:

If you are brave enough for some shimmer, BB Couture for Nails Blue Suede Shoes:

Or because you are so charming, BB Couture for Nails Prince Charming Blue:

Black on a guys toes is what we expect to see, but gunmetal gray is much cooler, so how about Zoya Freja:
zoya freja nail polish swatch
Darren, let me know what you think! I want to know which one you are going to try out next time. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need any more suggestions. 

Everyone else, go and check out full coverage on Darren's fish pedicure here. This is a MUST read! 

That is all for now. Thanks for reading and see you soon!

xoxo,
Katee

8 comments:

  1. Katee --

    Thanks for the advice and the kind words. I hope I have helped positively contribute to the genre of nail polish journalism.

    If I do decide to go for another pedicure, I will hire you as a color consultant. Do you have any special salary requirements?

    However, I am distressed to report that I cannot get another one without my fish friends, who have been unceremoniously BANNED in New Hampshire.

    You can read about the indignity of it all at cultureschlock.com

    Thanks again,

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. katee i love the suggestions esp poison ivy and freja. can't wait to wear freja myself. i still look at the downtown collection with glee from the bottles. btw.. what's the color you are wearing in your banner photo? is it an opi designer series color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime Darren!! Normally my rates for color consulting run pretty high, but for you I'd do it for free.

    Yummy - you must try Freja! It is so gorgeous! Teh color in my banner is China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out.

    xoxo,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the orange color! It's so vibrant and electric:) although i can't imagine guys wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katee, I had to scope out Darren's post so that I knew what the heck you were talking about. Now that I'm on-board, I have to agree with you color choices! Freja is my top choice from your suggestions for a guy color, Blue Suede Shoes is also definitely now on my "try it" list.

    I'm keeping an eye on this blog. One never knows where you'll go next...
    (thanks for the cool blog too)

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jake!
    Thank you! Glad you found some good color choices and thank you for checking out my blog!

    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katee, thank you for the great article!
    I thought the part about Darren getting his toes polished orange was awesome. I have heard of men wearing nail polish before, but thought it was 'reserved' for just the Hollywood types. Darren showed us that maybe we should be more open-minded. I gotta try that!

    I thought his wife's reaction was great (you CHOSE that color?). My wife would probably like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to see more women realizing that men can benefit from some of the same personal-care experiences that we have known about for generations.
    Manicures and pedicures reflect good personal hygeine.
    How many men have you seen with rough, gross toenails? Most of them? Wouldn't it make sense for them to pay a little more attention and have them cared for so they look at least presentable?

    And as far as using nail polish, consider this. What if I told you that I thought Johnny Depp looked gross wearing eye liner? You'd think I was a totally cold bit**. So why shouldn't men use cosmetics in a tasteful way to enhance their looks?

    I happen to think men with nice-looking nails are attractive. it demonstrate to me that they care enough to take an interest in the details. I would like to see more men try wearing nail polish and if they have already nicely-manicured of pedicured nails, it could be really hot!

    Well, this is my opinion on the subject, and I'm sure you have your own.

    Thank you for bringing this up, and for the opportunity to discuss this with others. It is an intriguing subject!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)