Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CND Spring/Summer 2009 Nail Polish News and Swatches

Good day, dear readers!

The new year is officially in full swing and so are the 2009 Spring nail polish collections! The first one I have to share with you is from Creative Nail Design aka CND.

CND is currently in the process of a major color relaunch. They have paired down their current nail color offerings to their top 40 polishes and will begin to create seasonal color collections outside of their top 40 colors starting spring 2010. In the meantime, CND will select colors from their core collection that they feel best represent the seasonal trends from Fashion Week.

For Spring/Summer 2009, CND has selected the following shades:

CND Bisou De Lulu:

CND Bisou De Lulu is a sheer white that is build-able to almost opaque. This swatch is three coats, two coats was a little too sheer for me. This is one of the few whites that is not a streaky mess to apply. When my nails were longer I would never wear colors like this because I thought they made my nails look like acrylics. Now with shorter nails, I think a white nail color like this looks very chic and gorgeous for spring. My boyfriend rarely notices or comments on my nail polish, unless it is a green or something else he hates. But he really liked Bisou De Lulu.

CND Moonlight & Roses:

CND Moonlight & Roses is a sheer color that has a white base and tons of pink and violet toned iridescent shimmer. This swatch is two coats. This is a very pretty color, I think I'll try this one on my toes for my next pedicure.

CND Fedora:

CND Fedora is a gorgeous, red toned brown creme. Inside it looks like dark coffee and outdoors in the sun it almost has a bit of a plum tone to it. If your collection is missing a nice dark brown, pick this one up! 

CND Cocoa:

CND's Cocoa was seen on the runway at spring 09 shows for Giambattista Valli, Nina Ricci, Max Azria, Halston, Thakoon, & Peter Som... to list a few. This is a super chic, fleshy nude creme. This was the #1 requested nail color requested at fashion week by designers. 

CND Wildfire:

CND's Wildfire, a red-violet, raged on both tips and toes at Tibi's spring 09 show. Red is one of those nail polish colors that is very difficult to photograph. This picture does not do this gorgeous red justice. This is a super blue toned red, it is SO HOT in person! I do not normally wear reds, but this color is so sexy, I'll definitely wear it as a mani soon. If you are a red lover, Wildfire is a must.

CND Iced Cappuccino:

CND Iced Cappuccino is a light brown metallic. It is a very pretty color but I am not big into metallic polishes. Application was flawless though, no brush stroke issues here.

CND Decadence:

CND Decadence is a dark red that I might also classify as a jelly. Again, another photographic problem child. This red is much deeper in person. 

Application of all of these polishes was flawless, with a capital F! The lacquer flowed onto my nails perfectly. The finish of all of the cremes in this collection was super glossy. These did dry slower than average for me though. At first I used Orly Bonder and Seche Vite when I did a mani with one of these, and it seemed like they would never dry. But then I did another mani with CND's Stickey base coat and CND's Speedey top coat and they dried much faster. So if you don't have luck with your normal base/top coat combo, give CND's a try.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the shades that CND has selected for Spring/Summer 2009. I get tired of seeing the same old boring pinks and pastels. Here we have gorgeous nudes, a vampy brown and two fabulous reds. I think all of these colors are versatile, wearable, and in my opinion, much more chic than easter egg colored polishes (just my opinion!).

CND products are available at Head2Toe Beauty and 8ty8 Beauty - links are under the "where to haul" section of my blog.

That is all for now, dear readers. Stay tuned for more Spring 2009 nail polish swatches coming soon!

xoxo,
Katee

23 comments:

  1. I love how your nails look! perfect!
    Bisou De Lulu really looks flawless for being a sheer white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh nice shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bisou De Lulu looks fab-u-lous! What a pretty color! I think it really suits your nail length too! Beautiful swatches my dear, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a purchase from Head2Toe last night and so wish that I could have seen Bisou De Lulu before then. It looks beautiful on you!! I love polishes that make my nails look like acrylics too. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these revamps or new? I have had Fedora for some time, which is why I ask...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sanna - I was really impressed w/Bisou. Thanks!!

    Suzanne - Aren't they?!

    Brooke - Thanks!! Now that my nails are shorter I love shades like this.

    B - just put it on the list for your next purchase :)

    Vampy - CND isn't launching any new seasonal collections until spring 2010. Until then they are choosing shades from their core line of 40 polishes that they think best represent the seasonal trends, etc. So no, these are not new.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is CND in trouble? The statement "No new colors" - makes me start to wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon - Nope! Not to my knowledge. They are in the middle of revamping their line and offerings. While doing this they are focusing on their core colors. They are still very involved in fashion week, have an active PR team, etc. They will re-start the seasonal collections for spring 2010. That is the long answer to your question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I totally should have paid more attention to what you wrote, haha! I am a space cadet today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. does anyone know if zoya has any polishes that are similar to bisou de lulu? There are quite a few sheer whites on the zoya website, but I haven't been able to find any swatches to compare. I want to take advantage of the polish exchange offer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vampy - LOL. I do the same thing all the time. I never want to read, just look at the pretty pictures!

    Anon - I also don't have any swatches, couldn't find any on nailgal either, sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey lovely!
    I can't wait for the spring colors to emerge in the stores! I'm sort of already fed up with winter...lol
    Have you changed the shape of your nales, I think they look more square? Is that a new trend I"m noticing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Mimi! I hear you, being fed up w/winter. I think my nails look more square because they are shorter. I file them this way because it is the easiest way for me to get them all the same LOL. I actually think that a slightly more rounded look is more in fashion. But I just prefer the square.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just let you know that I bought Bisou De Lulu only because of you beautiful picture ;) And because I was searching the perfect white for me for a while now. I am not sure if BDL is the, but is definitely a lovely shade.

    Love your blog and wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meastra,

    You will love Bisou De Lulu! It is my favorite white. Glad you like it and my blog :)

    Thanks!
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cocoa is TDF! *hurries off to h2t*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ladyslatternly, I totally agree! I lurve Cocoa!

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh darn, now I'm really wanting that CND Bisou De Lulu. Too bad I'm in Canada. H2T won't let me order it? :( Said it's only for the States lolz. SIGH :(

    Beautiful colour on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousMay 03, 2009

    WHERE CAN I FIND THIS IN CANADA???????

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJune 17, 2010

    where can i find cnd nail polish

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)