Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reader Requests: Comparison Swatches Part 2

Happy Saturday!

I have more comparison swatches for you today. If you don't see your request here, do not worry, I still have more in the works.

First, OPI Miami Beet (pinky and middle fingers) and Zoya Moxie (ring and index fingers):

It was so sunny yesterday that photographing these colors was nearly impossible outside. The bright sun was really distorting the colors for me. So this pic was taken in my laundry room where I get really nice natural light from the huge window. As you can see, these two colors are extremely similar. OPI Miami Beet has a brighter appearance and Zoya Moxie is slightly dusty or muted. Both are great colors! Do you need both? That is your choice.

Essie Eternal Optimist (pinky and middle fingers) and OPI Tickle My France-Y (ring and index fingers):

Two totally different colors. The only thing they have in common is that they are nudeish shades with a creme finish. I personally prefer Tickle My France-Y but I also like Eternal Optimist and will definitely wear it. But if you already have Tickle My France-Y, and were wondering if it was a dupe for Eternal Optimist so that you did not have to buy it, well clearly it is not a dupe. Sorry ;) 

Sorry that I only have two comparisons for you today! Our weather here in the greater San Diego area has been freaking amazing for the last week or so. We have been having high temps in the low to mid 80's and it has been super sunny. When we get a streak of weather like this in January, as much as I like playing with my nail polish, I just can't bring myself to sit in the house and swatch. Our 2nd floor deck overlooks a lagoon and the ocean, and I just love to sit out there and catch some rays. My cats Cleo and Vincent usually join me outside and sit under the chairs for some shade. As I have mentioned before, we moved to California from Michigan back in July. I am not used to living in such a beautiful climate, especially in the dead of winter!

I'll have more comparison swatches soon in the next few days. Feel free to comment or email me if you have any special requests! I will also have more spring 2009 new releases to share with you.

Hope that all of you have a fab weekend and if you are in the mid-west or somewhere else chilly, stay warm! I know my fam back in MI has been getting some ugly weather. Junk.

xoxo,
Katee

13 comments:

  1. You make the greatest comparisons! Beautiful nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh the beet is gorgeous.
    *also puts on must-buy list*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice comparisons, I like these posts. So the weather here has been freakishly warm also, high 60's to mid 70's. I love it but am a bit freaked as well, haha. I am sick with jealousy over your lagoon and beach views. The thing I hate the most about the Bay Area is that yes we have beaches, but they are useless because the water is WAY too cold to swim in (and I am a HUGE swimming fan!), boooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome pics!
    I need OPI Miami Beet or Zoya Moxie. Prob. Miami Beet, because it's cheaper and easier to get over here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the comparison swatches between Tickle My France-y and Eternal Optimist. I was wondering if they were dupes. Keep these comparison swatches coming. They're so useful and sometimes save me money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that OPI color in the second picture. May have to make a run for ULTA now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comparisons. If possible, can you do OPI You're A Doll (Holiday 08) and OPI Suzi and the Lifeguard (Southbeach Spring 09). It's useful to see dupes, but also the differences! thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was 5 degrees F here today and I know some people have it colder! Brrr! Makes it a good time to contemplate bright or dusty beets. :) I wonder which color would look better on the uber pale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Katee!
    You are so fortunate to have such a lovely weather! It's been snowing here in Toronto for the last 2 weeks and the forecast is predicting even more nasty snow for the next week...
    Quite deppresing I must add...LOL
    That's it ! I'm moving to Cali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sminkan - thank you!

    Suzanne - Miami Beet is soooo gorgeous!

    Vampy - I always find that these kind of posts are very helpful, both for me and you! I won't like, the beach and lagoon views don't suck. But the trade off is that we have a super small place. Less to clean though! That's my motto LOL. People are still surfing here in droves in January when the water temp is not exactly warm. Even when it is warm outside the water is still cold here. It warms up in August for like a month or two and then it starts getting cold again.

    Sanna - My choice out of the two is Miami Beet. It is more glossy and vibrant.

    Atomica - you're welcome and I have more on the way!

    Smoochiefrog - love your name! Tickle My Francey-Y is a must have go-to nude. I just love it!

    Tarotbydiana - stay warm darling!! brrrr. I would go with the bright. It is so glossy!

    LaMimi - yay move here! I can do your nails and you can be my wardrobe stylist LOL. Until then, stay warm!

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watcher - don't know how I missed you! Yes, I will definitely do a comparison of those two for you.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just ordered Moxie. Hope it looks as good as yours does on you. Very jealous of your weather and view!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! MANNNNNN this is great...And your nails deserve a GET IT GIRL AWARD!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)