Friday, January 2, 2009

Essie Spring 2009 Color Collection

Hello, dear readers!

Just received word on Essie's Spring 2009 Color Collection:
(CLICK to enlarge these swatches!)

OK, I don't know about you girls, but I am DYING to get my paws on that gorgeous royal blue shade - Mesmerize. 

Direct from the press release:

"The Essie Spring 2009 collection compliments the season’s dreaminess with a mixed palette of soft red, beige and blue, pinky coral, fuchsia and petal rose – each named to inspire the newness and hopefulness of Spring.

“This was a season of classic hues,” says Essie Weingarten, president and founder of Essie Cosmetics, Ltd. “Last Fall’s potent colors gave way to softer, muted tones for Spring. I created this collection to flatter that feeling of Spring and gave each shade a feel-good name.”

Again, I am absolutely drooling over Essie Mesmerize. I am glad to see that both Essie and Zoya are releasing blues as part of their Spring 2009 collections.
I also like the looks of Eternal Optimist. Looks like a nice peachy color - maybe a nice, less expensive option for Chanel Django? 

These colors will be available in February.

That is all for now...

xoxo,
Katee


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of pastels and a few blues this summer/spring :D Yay! Thanks for the info Katee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet- thanks for the update- I love the blue and statussymbol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we laugh a little that One of A Kind looks like a red creme? I wonder if the blue will be slightly lighter than OPI's Dating a Royal. That would be dreamy.

    I really want Django. I love Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these shades.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Mesmerize" automatically drew my eye.

    Did they give a release date, or do I have to go to my local beauty supply store every day and just ask, "Isithereyet?!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph - no problem!!

    Mrs. Mommy - Your welcome. I am right there with you with mesmerize!

    Tarotbydiana - good point about the red LOL. And I am soooooo excited for Mesmerize. As far as Django, I am surprised, because it seems like the only Chanel I have not wanted for some reason.

    Evil O - I did not get anything more specific on the release date other than "beginning in February". Normally the come out right at the beginning of the month.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting to like wearing blues more and more:) I've been wearing YGTB for 3 days and I love it! hopefully that essie blue will be totally awesome *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting to like wearing blues more and more:) I've been wearing YGTB for 3 days and I love it! hopefully that essie blue will be totally awesome *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sanna - crossing my fingers right along with you that this blue is awesome!

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)