Saturday, January 10, 2009

Zoya Twist Collection Spring 2009 Swatches

Hello, dear readers!

Today I have for you my swatches of the Zoya Twist collection for Spring 2009. These are so pretty! As always, click my pics to enlarge them. Enjoy!

Zoya Cassi:
Peachy pink with awesome shimmer. For some reason this reminds me of sherbert! I don't know why, but it looks good enough to eat. Call me crazy. The shimmer in this is totally insane, it is like Zoya chopped up little golden diamonds and put them in the polish. Amazing! You could definitely get away with two coats of this nail color but I used three because I was really digging it.

Zoya Malia:

Gorgeous lavender creme. This applied super smooth like butter. Actually, all of these did. This swatch is two coats. I am a habitual three coater but there was absolutely no need for a third coat, that would have been wasteful. 

Zoya Barbie:
zoya barbie swatch
Cutsey pink with magenta shimmer. For me, this is a perfect summer pedicure color. When you enlarge the picture you can see the shimmer much better.

Zoya Harley:
zoya harley swatch
Flawless shimmering grey. I knew I would be in love with this one from the second I saw the promo pics. Oh Harley, where have you been all my life?

Zoya Moxie:
zoya moxie swatch
Vibrant red plum creme. This is one that I was not excited about when I saw the promo pics but as soon as I put it on I was in love. What was I thinking? This color rocks!

Zoya Jo:

zoya jo swatch
Fabulous shimmering blue that falls somewhere between cornflower and periwinkle. Funny thing about this color, I love blue nail polish and my boyfriend hates blue nail polish. But when he saw me wearing this one, he actually liked it. Not that I really care what he thinks, I wear what I want! Thank you Zoya for putting a blue in your Spring collection!

Overall, I have nothing but compliments for Zoya on this collection. Flawless application? Check. Fabulous, vibrant colors? Check. Pause from typical Spring colors? Double check. I don't know what else to say. The colors speak for themselves. 


Also, don't forget about the awesome nail polish exchange that Zoya has going on right now. In a nutshell, you send Zoya your old, crappy polishes (non Zoya polishes of course) and then they send you brand new the brand new Zoya polishes of your choice in return. All you have to pay is $3 per bottle processing plus your end of the shipping to send them your old stuff. But basically this offer amounts to a 50% discount, which rocks. I believe there is a 6 bottle minimum and 200 bottle maximum limit. Thanks again Zoya for a fabulous offer. Check out full details on their program at www.zoya.com/exchange.

Ok guys, I mean gals, let me know what you are getting! Guys reading, if you are out there, you can let me know what you want too :)

That is all for today!

xoxo,
Katee

24 comments:

  1. Jo, Moxie and Malia are my favs! But if I had to choose one, I'd go with Jo - can't resist a blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think....I want them all!!! Malia and Harley are just divine. I like Jo but I'm wondering how it compares to Tart. What do you think? I mean I'll probably get it any way! Lol. Yay to Zoya for throwing in such wonderful colors for a Spring line. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nixxy - I can't resist a blue either.

    Sminkan - You are so welcome!

    B - I geez, I don't have Tart or else I'd do a comparison swatch!! Sorry :( One can never have too many blues though, that is my motto! Plus with that cute Zoya sampler 6 pack it is kind of hard not to just get them all.

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swatches girl! Your totally rockin these colors. They really appeal to your skintone :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steph! Sometimes you just get lucky and all of the colors work for you. Nothing worse than a color you love that just does not work w/your skin tone.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the swatches! I wound up getting (through the polish exchange) Malia and Moxie - I'm hoping Malia will satisfy my craving for RBL Purple Haze. My best friend/roommate (with whom I share a nail polish collection) picked up Harley and Barbie. Sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moxie is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In person, is there a significant difference between OPI's Miami Beet and Zoya's Moxie? They look similar in the pictures. I'm not much of a girly pink wearer, but I really like these raspberry variations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favorite spring collections so far. Will probably be getting about four of these - Jo, Harley, Barbie and Malia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! There are some surprises here. Cassie is so very pretty. I don't wear pink very often, but I really like the blingy shimmer. Wow!

    Harley is even better than I expected. I want to Konad some pretty blue flowers on that one. :)

    I am torn now between whether I want Harley or Jo more! I really thought Jo would be the undeniable standout. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH...I like them all to be honest! :)
    Hope you have an awesome weekend darling!
    Muah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katee! Good Mondey. One OT Question.
    You've suggested me as top coat SECHE VITE Fast dry top coat.
    I have read on MUA that a lot of people tell that after apply this top coat the day after the polish peel off...
    Does it happen to you?
    Many thanks!
    Astasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Astasia - Hi! Seche Vite is all I use and I have never once had this problem. I don't know what would cause that to happen.

    Mimi -Hi! I really liked all of these too. Hope you had a fab weekend to darling!

    Tarotbydiana - I know, the shimmer in Cassi is so fab!

    Garnetstorm - I think it is my favorite so far too!

    Anon - Miami Beet and Moxie are very similar except Moxie has a bit more of a dustier appearance and Miami Beet is brighter. Still very close though. I will be doing comparison swatches soon.

    itzzzkimm - I agree!!

    Keerthi - oh yay! Glad to hear that you took advantage of the polish exchange. enjoy your new pretties!

    Thanks everyone for commenting.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HAVE to get the Malia.
    It'll look GREAT in my collection <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katee, another amazing set of pictures. This is hands down one of my favorite nail blogs. Keep up the good work!
    These Zoya colors look terrific on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am seriously in love, IN LOVE, with this collection. But I just got the Flourish collection and I haven’t even used a single polish from that collection! Ah, Zoya is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Azucar - thank you so much :)

    Delta - yay!! enjoy.

    Melvel - gotta start working though those untrieds! new color every day until you get through them.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Harley is definitely my fav of this collection! I want it sooo badly, but I feel like it might be too similar to OPI "Sheer Your Toys" which I already have! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I want all the colors. Good thing I have tons of polish to exchange. :)

    Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you know that this post is quote on ZOYA'S BLOG?
    Compliment! :-)
    Astasia

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)