Friday, January 23, 2009

New to me: PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics

Today I am very excited to introduce you to a brand that is new to me and I am guessing it might be new to you too: PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics.

At the grocery store, I am all about everything organic. But when it comes to beauty products, I am not one to seek out organic, natural or vegan products. I don't know why, but I have been operating under the assumption that these products would lack in quality; that there was a trade off for the organic ingredients. These nail polishes from PeaceKeeper, or should I say nail paints as they call them, has really changed my mind about that.

These nail polishes had a beautiful consistency, flowed nicely onto the nail and dried quickly. Absolutely no complaints about the formula of these nail polishes! Here are the colors that I tried:

PeaceKeeper Paint Me Luminous:


Love this one! Frosty white base with iridescent multi-color glitter. This one is serious bling yet subtle at the same time.

PeaceKeeper Paint Me Forgiving:


Pinkish nude with silver shimmer. I love this color because it is really natural looking and chic, yet it has a little something extra. I think this is one of my favorite nude colors to wear right now. My picture really does not do it justice.

PeaceKeeper Paint Me Stunning:


I am not that into pinks but this is one of the prettiest ones in my collection. This color has a very luminous and almost etherial quality about it.

PeaceKeeper Paint Me Patient:


Brownish nude shimmer. Another very chic, gorgeous color.

As I said before, I am super impressed with everything about these nail polishes - beautiful colors, flawless application and relatively quick dry time. The line does not make any crazy colors, but these are nice, wearable, and practical colors for everyday.

PeaceKeeper Nail Paints are made without Toluene, Formaldehyde, Acetone, Phthalates, Parabens, or FD&C/Lake Coloring and PeaceKeeper does absolulely NO ANIMAL TESTING! For more information on the ingredients here is a direct link to the section of PeaceKeeper's website that discusses the ingredients. This is actually very interesting information, I really recommend checking it out.

PeaceKeeper also makes a nail polish remover that is eco-friendly. It is made from sugar beets, rosemary and spearmint. I will be reviewing this product for you very soon.

One more fabulous thing about PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics: they are the first cosmetics line to give all of its after-tax distributable profits to women’s health advocacy and urgent human rights issues.

PeaceKeeper Nail Paint retails for $10 and can be purchased online by clicking here. PeaceKeeper offers free shipping on all orders.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all of those hues...they are so neutral and almost peaceful...lol
    Ten dollars is also pretty resonable for a good quality nail polish. I pay more for OPI and Essie, so I'm definitely going to purchase a bottle or two.
    Thanks for all your comments darling!
    I'll be making a post about the photoshoot sometime next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound right up my alley! Their polish remover sounds delicious #B)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I've never heard of that line, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of these colors wow-ed me, but they seem like they are doing such wonderful things that I might have to get just one bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review...I'll definitely be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! I love new finds. Thanks Katee. I love Paint Me Luminous. I can't wait to pick it up. I think I might also use it to layer and give a little extra bling to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is why I read beauty blogs - I love learning about new/indie brands! Thanks so much for posting these, I hadn't seen them anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LaMimi - I totally agree! This are nice, everyday shades practical for work, etc. Excited to hear about the photo shoot!

    Nixxy - the polish remover smells minty, I love it.

    Sasha - You're welcome!

    Brooke - I agree, very low key, work practical colors. But they are very glow-ey in person. Very pretty!

    Jamie - You're welcome & thanks for commenting!

    Phyrra - I love it too!

    Mackenzie - great idea! it would be good for layering.

    Girl, Decorated -thanks for reading! Glad to be of service ;)

    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katee,
    your blog is wicked. I love the shape of your nails and it's very pretty. i will be visiting your page from now on.
    thanks for the swatches.<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the Paint Me Stunning. It would look bad with my coloring, but it's such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky - thanks!! Glad you like it ;)

    Evil O - try it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PeaceKeeper has a newsletter with discounts. Right now (till Valentines day) you can get 20% off and two free lip balms with code FreeLipBalm

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)