Thursday, January 8, 2009

OPI South Beach Collection Spring/Summer 2009 - Swatches Part 1

Good day, dear readers! 

Today I have for you the first look (other than promo pics) at OPI's new South Beach Collection for Spring/Summer 2009. I am sharing six of the colors with you today and will share the other six colors in the coming days. The OPI South Beach Collection will be available February 4, 2009. For those of you that love pinks, corals and reds, you will *love* this collection. There are also a few oddballs in this collection, for those of us with different tastes in nail polish. Now, on to the swatches! And as always, you can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.

OPI Party In My Cabana:

Pink creme that has a slightly muted appearance. I do not usually wear colors like this but I know that mom, sister and best friend would LOVE this one. I expect emails from at least two of them wanting to steal it from me hahaha.

OPI Bronzed To Perfection:

Caramel brown base loaded with gold shimmer that is large enough to be considered a glitter. This color was one of the surprises for me. When I saw the promo pictures of this color, I did not think I would like it. But now that I am wearing it, I know that I'll love it in the summer when I have a tan. I can also see my friends with darker skin than moi being able to successfully rock this color. I think this would look *awesome* on my friend Brittany from Clumps of Mascara. B, what do you think?

OPI Overexposed In South Beach:

Dark magenta purple with violet shimmer. I really like this color a lot! Probably one of my favorites in this collection. I will wear this on both my fingers and toes. Again, I also think this color will look better on me when I have a little more color. *edited to add* This is a distant 2nd cousin to OPI Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not, but not a dupe. LMLMN is more violet purple than Overexposed. Overexposed is more magenta toned. I would definitely suggest owning both if you like colors like this!

OPI Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot!:

Very pretty bright pink creme. It looks much more vivid and brighter in person. This is very similar to OPI's Elephantastic Pink but is brighter and cooler than EP. Probably not a color that I would wear on my fingers but I will definitely be sporting this as pedicure as soon as it gets warmer outside. 

OPI Sand In My Suit:

Golden beige-y nude base with serious shimmer. I think this shade is just stunning! This is a great go-to nude for the spring.

OPI OPI On Collins Ave:

Bright coral orange creme. This is another HOT shade. It is bold but I think I will be brave enough to sport this on my fingers this summer. Of course, it would rock for a pedicure too, no question about that. This color is so bright, it glows!

Application on all of these was fine, just like all OPI's that I have used. The only ones that required three coats were OPI Party In My Cabana and OPI OPI On Collins Ave. Other than those two, they were all totally opaque with no streaks at two coats. I will share with you my overall thoughts and feelings on this collection when I post the rest of the swatches in the next week or so.

Again, the OPI South Beach Collection will be available February 4, 2009. From what you have seen so far, let me know which colors you will be getting! Tell me in the comments.

That is all for now, dear reader.

xoxo,
Katee 

32 comments:

  1. I didn't think I would like this collection when I saw the promo pics but I really like overexposed in south beach and sand in my suit, can't wait to see the other colours!
    Thanks for posting them so early, I like to be able to decide what my polish haul will contain before they are released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I love the On Collins Ave & Bronzed To Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely "Overexposed..." and maybe "Feelin hot..." and "OPI on Collins Ave". Great colours and lovely swatches! Thanks also for a great blog which is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, thanks for the swatches, I thought I need to wait till February to see any swatches of this collection. You're so great, Katee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be getting overexposed in south beach and opi on collins ave!!! great bright colors.
    if they will be out feb 4, how do you get them ahead of time???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the swatches!! When I saw the promo pics of this collection I wasn't excited at all. Thanks to your pics I'm getting there now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get out of here! I was looking at Bronzed to Perfection and thought it looked beauuutiful on you and I thought to myself, "I'm not sure I can rock that." LOL! So funny! Anyway..I'm going to try it anyway just because you said so. :) I wasn't so excited about this collection but your swatches have changed my mind. Party in my Cabana looks so simple but sooo pretty. Overexposed in South Beach too. And OPI on Collins Ave looks like the PERFECT summer pedi color. Loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison - that is exactly what happened for me too! I did no like what I saw from the promo pics but then when I got them I really liked them. Good choices!

    Suzanne - also good choices!

    Helena - also great choices and thank you :)

    Shun Ian - thanks so much!

    Sarah - aren't they great brights?! They definitely scream summer to me!! Sometimes I just get lucky.

    Polishaholic - I toally 2nd your feelings on this.

    B - LOL! I totally thought of you when I saw bronzed. OPI on collins ave is going to be totally gorgeous for a pedi. I had the same feelings as you.
    I thought the promo pics looked meh but now that I have these I love them in person!

    xoxo,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been waiting for someone to swatch these! I LOVE this collection! I definitely want Bronzed to Perfection, Overexposed in South Beach, and OPI on Collins Ave.
    And I think you rock Overexposed just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin - Thank you! I am loving this collex too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm...I think "Overexposed" is the only one of these I'd probably wear...the others don't really jump out at me. They all look good on you though, of course. :-)

    Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow crazily enough I really liked Bronzed To Perfection! I think it's because it's slightly "weird" looking. Overexposed In South Beach rocks also. Lookin' good Katee, lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie - I definitely think overexposed will be one of the favorites. And thank you :)

    Vampy - I am not surprised LOL that you like that one :) xoxo

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Overexposed and Bronzed are my faves of the bunch. I'm not a big OPI fan, but I will get these colors for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katee, how does Overexposed In South Beach compare to Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not?

    It's the color I'm most interested in, but I don't know if I want a dupe of LMLMN.

    Thanks for the swatches, babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brooke - I thought overexposed and bronzed would be your faves!

    Pixie - Overexposed has more pink/magenta to it. LMLMN is more violet/purple. They are distant 2nd cousins, I definitely would want both.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG...i totally wrote this collection off, but now i NEED overexposed and possibly hot!hot!hot! Thanks!



    thepinkyfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was looking today at Elephantic Pink but probably will wait Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! to compare. I also looking forward to 2 of 6 other colours you will post :) Will see will they surprise or disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like Overexposed best. I'm just a purple lover. I wished they had more crazy and unique colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The two pinks in this collection, As my favorite sytlist would say "Die"- I just Love Them! I am so Jealous they are on your nails and not mine! I am getting spring fever right now and can imagine how great they would look on my hands and toes, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh! Fab swatches! I NEED Cabana! And possibly Hot Hot Hot just for the name. ;D

    Have a wonderful 2009! I'll be here with you this year too, adoring all your wonderful swatches!

    Lots of Love
    Linn

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't think I'd like these, either, but Katee, your beautiful swatches may have converted me. Thanks so much for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pinky - I know what you mean, sometimes the promo pics just don't do a collection justice.

    Anna - so what do you think now that you've seen all of them?

    itzzzkim - I know what you mean. but this is definitely more of a collex for a mainstream type polish person, not a hard core like you or me :) I still appreciate these types of colors though for sure.

    Susan Allison - I hear ya! She is my favorite stylist too :)

    Hi Linn! Thanks and Happy NY to you too :)

    Karina - Aww, thank you!

    Thanks everyone for your comments!

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Katee!
    I was wondering if you could do a comparison swatch, or tell me what the difference between Feeling Hot,Hot, Hot! and Party in my Cabana is.
    Thanks,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tessa - they are definitely close! But hot hot hot is brighter than cabana, which has a slightly dusty appearance. I will be doing comparison swatches soon :)

    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey!!! I love OPI and I was wondering if you would recommend a OPI color that is a dead match to Essie's Marshmallow?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. @mamilonglegs22 - Sorry! I don't have any of the OPI Soft Shades so I don't really know. Try nailgal.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi! how does OPI On Collins Ave compare to Mod-ern girl? I like Feelin' hot-hot-hot, but i think i wouldnt be that daring to spot in on my fingers either!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Katee! I just came across your website because I was googling and I wanted to see the model in the OPI ad who is wearing the color "OPI On Collins ave." I am in LOVE with your site!! I would like to know, is there a big difference in color between "OPI on Collins ave" and "Don't be Koi with me"??? I own the Koi color and I would like to know if the colors are similar. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Overexposed in South Beach has to be mine! i love it!
    Thank you for swatching, at least i can get the idea of what i like, keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. jennifer tMay 02, 2009

    yes today is my lucky day and found several people who like sand in my suit because everyone around me hates it!!1

    ReplyDelete
  32. AnonymousMay 02, 2009

    Thanks so much for these lovely swatches! I was just wondering how opi on collins ave compares to cajun shrimp and my chihuahua bites? :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)