Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reader Requests: Comparison Swatches Part 3

Hello, dear readers!

Before I get to the comparison swatches, I wanted to let you know that I ended up wearing OPI Play Til Midnight to the inauguration party. Thank you to everyone that voted! Even though Essie Starry Starry Night won the poll, I had to polish my nails semi-early in the afternoon. When I was ready to do my manicure, OPI Play Til Midnight was the winner. By the time all of the votes for SSN came in, my nails were done. If you are interested in hearing a little more on the inauguration party, you can check out my other blog here. Now, on to the nail polish swatches!

First up we have OPI Suzi & The Lifeguard (pinky and middle fingers) and OPI You're A Doll (index and ring fingers):

As you can see, these two really are not even close. Not even 2nd cousins. But one of my dear readers wanted to see the two of these nail polishes swatched next to each other and I am happy to help!

Next, Zoya Jo (index and ring fingers) China Glaze Secret Periwinkle (pinky and middle fingers):


One of my dear readers told me that she liked the color of Zoya Jo but preferred a creme finish over a shimmer finish. She wanted to know if I could think of anything. China Glaze Secret Periwinkle, from the Operation Colour Collection, immediately came to mind. The first of the two pictures was taken indoors, in natural lighting. In this photo, the base color of the two polishes look really similar. What do you guys think? I think it is a good option.

Next, OPI Done Out In Deco (index and ring fingers) and OPI Parlez-Vous OPI? (pinky and middle fingers):

When I posted swatches of the new OPI South Beach Collection, readers immediately asked me if Done Out In Deco was similar or close to Parlez-Vous OPI. As you can see, they are not. Both of these colors are so fabulous! 

Finally, OPI Overexposed In South Beach (index and ring fingers) and OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not (middle and pinky fingers):

OPI Overexposed In South Beach is another fab color from the new OPI South Beach Collection. If you were one of those wondering if it is a dupe for OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not, it isn't.

That is all for today, dear readers! I'll see you back here again very soon. If I haven't thanked you lately for reading, THANK YOU! 

xoxo,
Katee

19 comments:

  1. Awesome swatches again!
    I'm really excited about south beach collection:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches, Katee; really helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches. I really like that overexposed color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches...I'd actually wear the first and last colors together just for fun - they complement each other well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanna - thank you!!

    Vanessa - thank you two!

    Brooke - thank you three! Overexposed is a great color. You'll definitely like it. I am wearing it on my toes right now!

    Jamie - LOL - the colors kind of look like sisters don't they? :)

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  6. in comparison theme...
    Can you suggest me a polish like the OPI DS Royal?
    The polish look like this :
    http://flickr.com/photos/lextard/2650068319/
    It's began rare..and it's very expensive!!!
    Astasia

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you! now I think I just to wait when this collection will be shipped into Sweden. I love Done Out In Deco and since it is not like another colour which I love Parlez-Vous OPI? I will oh yes, I will buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful swatches. I was interested in Done Out in Deco, but was thinking it was a lot like Do You Lilac It? Any thoughts on this one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh OPI's spring collection release date can't get here fast enough!

    I've GOT to get Suzi & the Lifeguard, and now I'm starting to really like Done Out in Deco.

    I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

    Now then, how do I get lucky like you and get advanced screenings of the new colors? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Astasia! Sorry, I can't think of anything that looks like this.

    SV - gosh I am striking out today w/reader questions! I don't have that color either so I cannot say.

    Smoochiefrog - I definitely think you need Done Out In Deco. It's a great color! As for your last question, I don't know how to answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for swatching You're a Doll and Suzi & Lifeguard. The Southbeach Collection isn't out yet, so I can't do a side-by-side bottle comparison myself.

    These colours are so different, I can justify buying both. I have to run out and buy Doll before it's gone in my neighbourhood. Then later I can get the South Beach minis, which contains Suzi.

    Seeing two colours under the exact same lighting is so helpful in making purchase decisions. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Opi - you are a doll. Is it from the spring collection? It'll look great on my nails, cuz they've become extra long and I find that lighter shades look better on longer nails.
    Hope you are having a great day darling!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. is it possible to compare Done Out. Parlez Vous, and Metro Chic? Or at least Parlez Vous and Metro Chic? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watcher - you are more than welcome! Glad to help. Feel free to request anything, anytime.

    Hey La Mimi - OPI You're A Doll is actually from the holiday in toyland collection. You should still be able to get it online though. It is an awesome color!

    Mimi - No problem - I can do that for you :) It will be coming up soon.

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh, I absoulutely adore Suzy and the lifeguard! What a pretty pink! Must.get.myself.one.now!

    Thanks!
    Tonje, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh, I absoulutely adore Suzy and the lifeguard! What a pretty pink! Must.get.myself.one.now!

    Thanks!
    Tonje, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it possible if I can request a comparison too? :)

    I need something with a creme finish. I'm stuck between OPI Bubble Bath (the newer version), OPI Kiss on the Chic, OPI Mod about you and OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy.

    Haha, yes, I'm an OPI girl :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yushimiluw - sorry, I don't have any of those except bubble bath. check out nailgal.com

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot Katee :)
    I just wanted to see them side by side but that's alright haha.
    By the way, you take awesome pictures :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)