Wednesday, November 19, 2008

China Glaze Romantique Spring 2009 Swatches - Part 2 - Warm Colors

Hello, dear readers!

Today I am excited to share with you the warm colors from the China Glaze Romantique Spring 2009 Collection! As you will see, I photographed the swatches in a variety of lighting scenarios to give you accurate color depiction. 

china glaze romantique(l-r, Poetic, Magical, Emotion, Admire, Delight, Passion)

China Glaze Poetic:
This nail color kind of looks like a mix between rose gold and copper.

Indoor, natural light:
china glaze poetic nail polishOutdoor, full sun:
china glaze poetic nail polish
China Glaze Magical:
Brownish pink? Pinkish brown? Taupey? Sorry, my descriptive powers end here.

Indoor, natural light:
china glaze magicalOutdoor, full sun:
china glaze magical
China Glaze Emotion:
Bright pink, almost magenta base with silver shimmer.

Indoor, natural light:
china glaze emotion nail polishOutdoor, full sun:
china glaze emotion nail polish
China Glaze Admire:
Light pink with a purplish hue. 

Indoor, natural light:
china glaze admire nail polishOutdoor, partial sun (the fog started to roll in big time at this point during the swatching):
china glaze admire nail polish
China Glaze Delight:
Coppery brown - my favorite from the warm shades!

Indoor, artificial light:
china glaze delight nail polishOutdoor, full sun:
china glaze delight nail polish
China Glaze Passion:
Dirty metallic gold - very unexpected for Spring!

Indoor, artificial light:
china glaze passion nail polish
Outdoor, partial sun:
china glaze passion nail polish
As with the cool colors from China Glaze Romantique that I posted the other day, all of these are almost completely opaque at one coat. Excellent coverage! All swatches here are 2 coats, no top coat. They also go on very smoothly, brush strokes are not a big issue.

Also, the finish is more metallic indoors and then shimmery outdoors. The colors in the Romantique collection are so chameleon like! The finish really gives these nail polishes different personalities under different lighting. 

I also noticed that the metallic finish of these polishes tend to emphasize any unevenness in the texture of my nails. I swatched a few of these with the China Glaze Ridge Filler Base Coat and that effectively camouflaged any ridges and gave a nice smooth base for these polishes. I really recommend it! 

I think that Delight is my hands down favorite from the warm colors. What are your favorites? Which ones are you going to get? Let me know in the comments! Again, these will be available January 2009.

That is all for today, hope to see you back soon. You know I always have more goodies to share with you :)

xoxo,
Katee

12 comments:

  1. Delight is my favorite also. Although Magical and Passion are possibilities too. Spring seems like a long time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Admire is beautiful. Going to have to pick that one up! Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Easter Eggs come to my mind. However, these seem a little too shimmery for my tastes to just wear on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ******But they look great on you! Didn't mean for my last comment to end on a Debbie Downer note ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!

    Will you tell me your nail background? Do you wear tips, or are your natural nails just that gorgeous?

    I am so glad you found me- I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee - I know, Spring feels like it is light years away!

    Pixie - You're welcome. Glad you found something you like! :)

    Brooke - LOL no problem

    Sasha - Thank you!! I really don't have a nail background other than having a nail polish addiction LOL. My nails are 100% natural. I use a ton of CND Cuticle Eraser, Solar Oil and China Glaze Calcium Gel Nail Fortifier. Those are my miracle products!!

    Thanks everyone for reading :)

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katee I totally agree with you, Delight is the best! The others I could do without from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looooove delight too....yumm...and I like emotion for my daughter (and I might steal it every so often, LOL). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 25, 2010

    cool blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)