Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Essie "Love, Beverly Hills xx" Limited Edition Nail Polish - Swatches Finally!!

Hello, dear readers!

Since I might not be able to post for a few days due to Thanksgiving and spending time with friends & family, I thought I would treat you to an extra post today. This is a very special post because it is your first look at the new Essie limited edition nail polish that is coming out in January called Love, Beverly Hills xx. As always, click the photos to make them huge! They are more fun that way :)

Essie describes Love, Beverly Hills xx as an opulent red infused with pure 24K gold. 

Look at the cute box this comes in:

Here are swatches in the sun of Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx:


I find this red to be particularly stunning! It has a super glossy finish and the fine golden shimmer gives the color a lot of depth. The formula is wonderful and smooth, and also dried very fast. I required 3 coats to get rid of visible nail lines. To say the least, I really really like this red. This is going to be my go-to red for the rest of the winter!

Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx will be available January 2009 for $18 at Essie's website.

That is all for today! I hope that everyone has a safe and beautiful Thanksgiving. 

xoxo,
Katee

12 comments:

  1. SO I'm dying to know about the gold....can you tell a difference with this gold as compared to regular gold used in polishes? How noticable is the gold (would you notice anything different about this gold if you didn't know it was real)? Lots of questions I know, sorry, just really curious about this color - thanks Katee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! But $18 worth of love?! I'm not so sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katee!
    Gorgeous RED! Loves it! It's also perfect for the Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. Does it really cost $18? That seems a bit ... much? Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely red! To bad I don't really get along with Essie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke - I don't think there is anything different about the gold in this look wise. But the polish is really pretty and has certain glow about it. But I don't know if the "real" gold has anything to do with that.

    LaMimi - I know, it is soooo pretty :)

    Kyl & Pixie - Here is how I feel about the price - I would spend $20 bucks on a Chanel polish without flinching because it is "Chanel". But in reality, Chanel's formula is hit or miss and it chips like crazy, at least on me. The formula of this Essie is spot on! As far as wear, I can't say, but Essie's in general wear wonderfully well on me. So if you really like the color, and have splurged on Chanel, or RBL, then that is how I would justify the $18 price tag.

    Sminkan - why don't you get along w/Essie?

    xoxo,
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty, but $18 for essie that always requires 3-4 coats?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi M! Hope you read this. This color had good pigmentation, especially for an Essie! My swatch was three coats but you could probably get away with two, cause I was rushing :)
    Katee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Katee!

    More beautiful California sunshine for us (I am in Valley Center), lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)