Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fabulous Drugstore Find: Sally Hansen Raven's Wing

Hello readers!

As you might have noticed, I don't wear a lot of drug store brand nail polishes. There isn't anything wrong with them, the just aren't on my nail polish radar. But the other day my friend Kelly, over at Vampy Varnish, posted some awesome drug store nail polish swatches. Her swatches inspired me to go search my local drug stores for my own awesome drug store nail polish finds. 

Unfortunately for my tips (but fortunately for my wallet), I only found one nail polish that I just had to have: Sally Hansen Raven's Wing. 

Sally Hanse Raven's Wing sun swatch:

sally hansen raven's wing nail polish swatch

Sally Hansen Raven's Wing artificial light swatch:

sally hansen raven's wing nail polish swatch
WOW! When I took Sally Hansen Raven's Wing outside I was so impressed by the bling! This is a black nail polish that is just loaded with small, fine silver glitter and I am pretty sure there is a bit of gold glitter in there too. I have never seen glitter so sparkly, it is almost like the glitter is made of chrome. It was hard to caputre in the photos! For any of you black nail polish lovers, this one is a must. I think Kelly (Vampy Varnish) said that you can never have too many black nail polishes and I agree with her.

I am also curious to see how this compares to Dior Black Sequins but sadly I have not been able to locate it at any of my local Sephora stores (paging Kelly for a comparison swatch).

After my awesome find today, I will definitely be paying more attention to the nail polish when I am at my local drug stores. 

That is all I have for you today, dear readers! Hope to see you back here soon.

xoxo
Katee

7 comments:

  1. I have Raven's Wing. It's really beautiful! I wish the Sally Hansen Salon polishes were easier to find around here. I bought a bottle of Stormy Blue from that same collection, which I love. Alchemy and The Good Earth are among my untrieds. What I am after with hawk like precision is the new Sally Hansen Salon color Emerald Ring! I don't do many drug store polishes either, but a good color will get me hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katee, thanks for the props! I got my Dior Black Sequins on Sephora's website, I figured it would be easier to get it online than try going to a million different stores and track it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana - I hear ya! These Sally Hansen polishes can be impossible to hunt down.

    Kelly - I tried to order it online during F&F and it was sold out. boo.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - Raven's Wing is my favorite black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowzers!! i'm so anti black these days but that bling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to see this color outside so I can experience first hand the colors you describe. I might just have to go get this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph - I know! Isn't it great?!

    Yummy & Brooke- I'd go NOW to get this because Sally Hansen's disappear fast at the drug stores!

    K

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to comment! I welome your feedback and will be sure to comment back, especially if you have a question :)